Vestry Meeting Minutes October 16, 2018  
***NEXT MEETING NOVEMBER 14 , 2018, 7:00 P.M.
*** NOTE THE DATE CHANGE FROM THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED NOVEMBER DATE
***VESTRY BUDGET MEETING, DECEMBER 3, 2018, 6:00 P.M.***    
Follow up items:
  1. Art will check with the Diocese to see if they received the request to withdraw $1000 from EFONC to cover the cost of the garden mulch.
  2. Art, Del and Barbara will do a little more research to try to find the donor for the $2400 water heater.
  3. Who is asking Judy Furlong to serve on the Banner Task Force?
  4. Del and Art will figure out what expenses have been submitted/paid regarding the Rector Search process.
  5. Who is doing snacks and meditation for November meeting?

  Present:  Grace Flint, Rev. Beth Gaines, Barbara Jewell, Charlie Kilbourne , Rev. Annie Pierpoint Mertz, Del Baker-Medlock, Mark Sally, Art Schipper (Treasurer), Anne Seed, David White Absent:  Kim Rodekohr, Yann Jouvenot-Sells, Bill Smiglewski   Call to Order The October 2018 vestry meeting was called to order at 7:01 p.m.  Charlie shared a reading on the Healthiest People, The Rev. Laurens A. Hall, St. John the Divine, Houston, Texas.    Consent Calendar A motion was made by David, with a 2nd from Barbara, to approve the 9/18/18 vestry meeting minutes with amendments to record those present and absent for the meeting.  Motion passed. 

  • A motion was made by Barbara, with a 2ndfrom Mark, to approve the Treasurer’s Report, September 2018 (attached).  Motion passed.

A motion was made by Del, with a 2nd from Mark, to approve $500 to cover travel costs for Grace Flint, seminarian.  Money to be taken from the Breck Fund.  Motion passed.    Vestry Calendar The date has changed for the November vestry meeting to Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 7:00 p.m. The 2019 budget vestry meeting will be on Monday, December 3, 2018, 6:00 p.m. December regular vestry meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m.    Reports Rector’s Report (please see attached) Deacon’s Report (please see attached) 

  • Deacon Beth will take the four Sundays off in November.

Senior Warden’s Report (please see attached)

  • Barbara will keep us in the loop by email about the hearing with the Benicia Historic Preservation Committee.  She may want additional vestry persons to be in attendance.
  • The goal for completing the Safe Church training is 11/11/18.

Junior Warden’s Report (please see attached)

  • Debi Hall is setting up training for the ushers with the newly installed defibrillator.  Rev. Beth reminded Del that the batteries on the defibrillator need to be dated and changed as needed.
  • The developed “maintenance needed” forms are being used.

  Special Reports/Discussion Items

  • Art, Del and Barbara will do a little more research to try to find the donor for the $2400 water heater. 
  • Rev. Annie discussed the Distributed Leadership Tool (attached).  She would like to see the vestry utilize this tool in our decision making processes. 
  • Barbara and/or Rev. Annie will distribute the feedback received on the proposed new banner.  A task force to include Yann, Del and Judy Furlong will review and utilizing the Distributed Leadership Tool make recommendations to the vestry.
  • Rev. Annie will undertake any reconciliation necessary regarding the vestry’s decision to raise the Pride flag.
  • Rev. Annie detailed plans for her maternity leave (attached)
  • Anne reviewed upcoming assistance that is needed for the Newcomers’ Luncheon on 10/28/18 and Pledge Sunday on 11/11/18.
  • Del and Art will figure out what expenses have been submitted/paid regarding the Rector Search process.
  A motion was made by Barbara, with a 2nd from Mark to adjourn the October 2018 vestry meeting.  Motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:52 p.m.  Rev. Annie shared a closing prayer.  
Submitted, Anne Seed, Vestry Clerk