Vestry Meeting Minutes St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Benicia Tuesday, July 16, 2019 @ 7:00 PM

Approved   Next Meeting: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 @ 6:30PM  
Follow up items: Kim to request a bill from the Landscaper. Annie to remind the associate clergy to request payment for acting as supply clergy for St. Paul’s. Barbara to prepare a Memorandum of Understanding between Tom (SSP leader) and St. Paul’s.     Call to Order: The July 2019 Vestry meeting was called to order at 7:01 pm  
Present:  Heather Healy, Barbara Jewell, Charlie Kilbourne, Del Baker-Medlock (Treasurer), Rev. Annie Pierpoint Mertz (Rector),  Ken Nowinski, Kim Rodekohr, Mark Sally, Bill Smiglewski, David White, Betsy Zampa (Clerk), Giovanna Zampa (Youth advisor) Absent:  Mark Sally, Yann Jouvenot-Sells, Beth Gaines Kim gave a meditation from AA regarding humility and Rev. Annie followed with prayer.    
Consent Calendar A motion was made by Kim, with a second from Ken, to approve the June  2019 vestry meeting minutes as presented.  Motion passed.  Treasurer’s report:  Barbara noted that an amended budget needs to be presented to account for JoAnn’s medical insurance payments.  The  motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Barbara and seconded by Ski.  Motion passed.
Reports   Rector’s Report:   Rev. Annie Pierpoint Mertz – see attached  
Deacon’s Report:    Rev. Beth Gaines – no report
Senior Warden’s Report:   Barbara Jewell – Barbara reported on the progress with the plan to refurbish the stained-glass windows.  She will meet with Geraldine tomorrow.  She will also ask Larry Heltsley to update his bid for his part of the project.  She plans to meet with the commission in August 2019.  .   Discussed the fact that Steve Rodekohr has stepped down from a leadership role in Sierra Service project and reported that Tom will be taking the kids this year.  Tom is not a member of St. Paul’s.  He has completed  Safe Church and SSP training, but it was  felt that in addition, we need a Memorandum of Understanding with Tom.  All adults attending SSP on behalf of St. Paul’s  must complete Episcopal Diocese of N. California’s Safe Church Training. 
Junior Warden’s Report   Kim Rodekohr – see attached
Special Reports/Discussion Items Garden Party –  live auction, silent auction and raffle item commitments were reviewed. It was suggested that we invite crafty folks to help put together raffle basket. Save the Date & Physical Tickets:  JoAnn Music – Mark Sackett Food – Yann Decorations – Flower Guild  
2019/2020 Calendar project – Annie reported that Richard Padfield has offered to do a paper calendar for St. Paul’s which would include important dates in the life of St. Paul’s.  It would be sold for a small profit.  The vestry discussed the essential dates that should be included on a parish calendar.  
Change in vestry meeting time:  In order to better accommodate Del’s commitments on Tuesdays it was requested that the vestry move the meetings back ½ hour. Ken proposed a motion to move the vestry meetings to 6:30 on Tuesdays.  Ski seconded the motion.  Motion passed. 
Call for Adjournment was made by Ken, with a 2nd from Kim.  Motion passed.  The July 2019 vestry meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Submitted, Betsy Zampa, Clerk
Rector’s Report For 7/16/19 Vestry Meeting
Calendar 7/20-7/27 – Out of town
*JoAnn using up PT0, will be out of office Mondays in August and 9/3
Church Bocce Team Standing #7 of 9
Last Month • Bishop’s Consecration o It was a beautiful service, with so many St. Paul’s members present and participating in different ways. • Planning the Program Year through December 2020 o Basic skeleton has been sketched – will be meeting with ministry leaders to get their programs input. • Support for Peddler’s Fair o Does Vestry lead docent tours? • Special focus on KVA debrief and Community Meal teambuilding o KVA debrief delayed; meeting with Beckie on Thursday. Got extensive feedback from a parent last week. Finances not in yet. o Donna Marshall continues to get up to speed. Working on finding a Sunday to bless Debbie for her work and commission Donna. • Submitted Lay Delegate Certificate for Diocesan Convention • EventBrite Research o EventBrite cost will be $1.79 per $50 ticket (Can’t sell on our own site). PayPal fee is $1.40, so total/ticket is $3.19. How many tickets are we selling again? • Attended Lights for Liberty vigil on 7/12 • Purchased office furniture o Hopefully things will be in place by next Vestry Meeting! Delivery on 7/31
This Month • Going through the last few “firsts” – SSP Sunday, Peddler’s fair, first 10am service • Funeral for Bill Ballowe (7/19) • Focus on MSP with JoAnn – morning of 7/29 • Establish I.T. priorities (campus-wide wifi, cloud, etc.) • Meet with employees re: LOA • Exploring Clergy Coaching • Premarital Counseling for 2 couples

July 16 th Junior Warden Report Submitted by Kim Rodekohr   Completed Projects:

  • SHED-I pulled everything out of the shed and got rid of items that were over 20 years old. I still need to take paint in to the appropriate recycling centers, and there are some other things that still need to be dealt with.  But all in all, the shed looks great and there is room for everything with room to spare.  We still need to make a dump run with some larger items (old wood, bulletin boards etc).  Ken Nowinsky will tend to the updates of the shed as he finds time.  The most important priority is to replace the doors and the hardware.
  • Continuing to go through rooms to edit and organize. The room upstairs in the Rectory that holds various items, but mostly flower guild and SSP, has been edited but still needs work. Beckie Pelkey and I will go through Room #2 and will get the room organized and functional for Beckie for when Sunday school starts. Beckie will also guide me through the KVA/Christmas pageant items (in the old Peddlers Fair office) and that will stay stored upstairs
  • The ceiling fans are working properly in the Parish Hall.
  • The thermostats have been programmed in the PH, church and undercroft. Thank you Mark Sally.  (May need to check AC program time for the church – heat was an issue this past Sunday (7/7) Should begin around 6am to ensure proper cooling by 8:45am)

  Pending Projects:

  • The cable to the bell tower needs to be replaced.
  • Weather stripping Godly Play room.
  • Still awaiting bid for Rectory interior painting.
  • Bathrooms in Parish Hall need painting. I will handle that.
  • There are several broken pieces in the windows of the parish hall.
  • Plant-wide irrigation system. Steve re-programed the system and repaired some of the broken pipes and sprinkler heads – many heads still need repair or replacement.  It appears that some of the zones are not being watered for some reason and it’s hard to tell which drip systems are working and which are not.  Many of the drips are buried and some of the plants appear water deprived.  It is recommended that we bring in an irrigation company to go through the system, program and repair or replace lines and sprinkler heads as needed.  I can get a bid on that.

  Respectfully submitted,   Kim Rodekohr